In March 2018, Dragages Singapore received the award of contract from Perumal Development Pte Ltd. (a subsidiary of Low Keng Huat) to design and build a mixed-used development on Perumal Road.
The award of this project represents the 6th Prefabricated Prefinished Volumetric Construction (PPVC) project for Dragages Singapore. With a gross floor area of 16,161 sqm, the development will provide 116 units of flats (23 storeys), 240 units of serviced-apartments (18 storeys), two levels of car park, and 500 sqm of commercial space.
Dragages Singapore continued to elevate modular construction technologies to the next level, spanning from hybrid steel to fully reinforced concrete. Such not only aligns with the Group’s directions on innovation and industrialisation, but also with Singapore Government’s initiative to venture into Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) approach, a key strategic thrust to raise the construction sector productivity.
Six PPVC projects
1. Perumal Road (ongoing) – concrete PPVC system
2. Serangoon North Avenue 1 (ongoing) – concrete PPVC system
3. Woodleigh Lane (ongoing) – concrete PPVC system
4. Clement Canopy (ongoing) – the world’s TALLEST building built using a concrete PPVC system
5. Woodlands Care Home (2016-2017) – hybrid steel & concrete PPVC system
6. Crowne Plaza Hotel extension (2014-2016) – steel PPVC system, the FIRST PPVC system adopted in the private sector in Singapore